As a new member of our team, you’ve made a great choice to join like-minded driven and successful people who are taking control of their investing. Here are some things to keep in mind as you get started.
1. Be Patient. You don’t have to master everything right away.
This one’s self-explanatory, but let’s discuss it for a moment. If you’re introduced to a term or concept and it doesn’t click right away, don’t stress about it. Embrace your journey. It’s very important you understand that it takes time to become great at anything. Part of your journey will be struggle and part of it will be
2. Trust the Process. If you’re normal, you’ll get excited, overwhelmed, and feel all kinds of emotions.
It’s very exciting when you make your first
There are countless resources at your disposal. I recommend writing them all down, along with how to contact them, in a central location. This could be old school – like a
– Email to email@example.com – General support and inquiries. – Elite Training Advisors (844-469-3827) – If you’re a Legacy Student.
– Club House Chat – To get to know your fellow traders.
– Social Media – You name it, we have it, and our other team members use them, too.
– Mentors and Coaches – If you’re in these programs, use them! They’re part of your Power Team.
– FAQs and Sitemap on www.tackletrading.com
o Sitemap: http://tackletrading.com/sitemap/
– Tackle Trading’s YouTube Channel – A visual resource for a variety of trading topics.
– The Trading Justice Podcast – Subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast app for an awesome learning experience.
– Tuesday night Coaches Show with the Tackle Trading Coaches at 7 PM ET. Mark your calendar and make it each week.
– Weekend Scouting Reports – Direct knowledge from a mentor’s brain to yours. Watch the video & read the reports, then select your favorite picks and use them!
– Daily Market Recaps – To keep you informed about what the market is doing.
– Weekend Market Scoreboard – For an in-depth analysis of the market, both written and through video, by a mentor to help you understand the market.
– Lots of great blog posts from our Coaches. Find the archive, use the search feature, or ask to be pointed in the right direction if you can’t find what you’re looking for.
– The monthly Cash Flow Club – Where you’ll learn a new strategy or tactic for the market. Especially great for you option traders out there.
– The Tackle 25 – A watch list of candidates for possible cash flow trading.
– The Trading Justice Google Group – Another group of fellow traders.
– The Wednesday night Onboarding webinar – To help you get familiar with the site and give you access to one of our team members to ask questions directly
– The Tackle Trading Trade Center – An excellent place for performing fundamental analysis.
There’s a lot to consider, and I know that can be overwhelming
3. Get organized. The best thing you can do is to schedule in your time to trade and study.
Since you’re getting into an immersion-based program where there’s more information than you can
I recommend a simple strategy to do this. Select a time of day where you know you have 30 minutes free, take your calendar (digital, paper, or both), and schedule the time with yourself. Label it, My Daily Trading Routine. Then, book the time. During this time, don’t book other appointments. Don’t move it, don’t ignore it, and treat it with the professionalism that you need to have! There are some simple things you should do every day – like check the news, analyze the Trade Center in www.tackletrading.com, and log in to your brokerage account and enter one new trade.
Remember: you don’t need to know what your doing (because you probably don’t yet ), you just need to do it. It takes 21 days to create a new habit. Treat your daily trading routine with structure and discipline, and it’ll pay off big over time.
4. Build a plan for your Education.
What classes are you going to take? Do you have coaching or a mentorship? If you do, great! If not, when will you add that in? Take your calendar out and schedule every bit of your next year or two for your education track. Here’s an example:
1st – Master Trader On-Demand. 20 Hours of Video Training – Dedicate 1 month, 1 hour per day, 5 days per week to absorb it.
2nd – Master Trader Live-Instructor Led. Select the day and time, once per week or twice per week, and schedule the class. Download all of the relevant materials,
3rd – All other elite
4th – Read all the mentors bios. Make a goal to attend at least one training from each mentor; on-demand, video, podcast, show, webinar, in-person, trading lab; anything! You should have a learning experience from each mentor before you select them as your mentor.
You’ll develop a relationship with all of them, so send them an email, tweet, Facebook
5th – Get a reading list and dedicate time to reading daily. Top investors are learning, reading, thinking, and discussing ideas constantly.
5. Practice Trading
Learn how to test, build, and use your strategies so you know what to expect.
New traders should practice, through back-testing, on-demand in Thinkorswim, paper-trading, and simulators. There are lots of resources out there, and you need to learn how to think about winning, losing, and proper expectations in the market. This will give you the confidence to pull the trigger to execute a trade with ease. Don’t worry about making mistakes; you’ll make them whether you’re
worried or not. Simply practice and build your trading experience. That will better help you build your trading business over time.
All of this comes down to one simple thing. You made a great choice to be around people that can help you on your financial journey. They’ll give you support, professional education, and direction. These coaches and mentors are in it for you, because they were in your shoes as beginners as well.
We were all new at one point; remember that. We can and will give you the help you need as you start to build your trading and investing skill sets. Welcome to the team.